Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Nikki Post: Worktime Silliness

While we wait for Claire to "be inspired" (her words) to write about her recent adventures camping near Pike's Peak, here's a little filler entry that shows how silly my workplace is.

My friend Tracy is the HR liaison for our office/school. She has a small whiteboard on the wall by her desk. My boss Lyndsey had taken to drawing pretty pictures on there to cheer up the office and because drawing on whiteboards is incredibly fun. Well, others in the office started joining in and creating very elaborate scenes on this 1' x 6" (approximately; I have no concept of size) whiteboard. Obviously, something needed to be done, and as the only person in the office in charge of ordering office supplies, I stepped up and purchased a second, larger whiteboard "to boost office morale." Finally, we had enough room for our elaborate scenes!

The inaugural theme for the new duo-whiteboard combo was "under the sea." I started us off by drawing what was soon interpreted as being inspired by The Incredible Mr. Limpet. However, I was actually aiming for the drawing to look like Pete the fish, a stuffed animal that Tracy keeps on her desk.


As you'll see from the photos of our finished drawing below, my drawing of Pete wasn't too far off from its source material. The Nemo I had originally drawn, however, was shameful and made people think it was some kind of floating trash debris. :p


  • It's a well-known fact that elephants love to swim.
  • Fun fact: The turtle was originally attacking some fish, but we declared it "too morbid" and erased the carnage.
  • The seagulls in the corner are obviously inspired by the ones in Finding Nemo.


  • Note my AWESOME drawing of Pete the fish in the middle there.
  • The Siamese fighting fish in the corner is what took the place of my hideous Nemo drawing.
  • Another Finding Nemo reference is in this picture. Can you find it?
  • I forget why we have Cookie Monster in this picture, but he'll probably show up in more of our drawings.
  • There's one more pop culture reference in this picture. What is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment