Thursday, July 28, 2011

Nikki Post: My Mount Everest


This is my desk. Before getting my new laptop, my old computer (see on the right), monitor, and keyboard took up most of the space. To the left was always the recycling pile. And on top of the desk....an archaeological dig going back months sometimes. There's an organizer in there - an inbox of sorts - on the left side, under that pile of...well, the box is really the only thing I can clearly make out.

This has always been my catch-all area. My shoes and purse are always here. The drawers were littered with miscellany, although I was recently able to clean them out. Do you need a pen? I have - no joke - over 30. Markers and highlighters, Post-It note pads in different sizes and colors, and small notepads from the various places I've worked in the last five years.

I'm not a hoarder by any means. I LOVE throwing stuff away, giving stuff away, purging my life and apartment of unnecessary things. But my desk, for some reason, never really gets cleaned. Once in a blue moon, I'll have a manic episode that gives me the strength to dig through everything until I can see the countertop again, but those episodes, thanks to my medication, are few and far between.


Today, I'm tackling this hot mess of a desk. TODAY, I stand up to the clutter and remove it from my life. Today, I go through my "important documents" drawer (second down on the left), which holds paperwork on my car, my cat, and God only knows what else.

Pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment