Monday, August 1, 2011

Snuggles Time


Nikki and Steve have decided that a good way to keep Tasha calm during the trip is to make her a "safety box." This is a large box where she can sit or lay down in order to feel secure. Her favorite blanket (a purple, fleece, fairy blanket Nikki's friend Audra made), her mousey (the stuffed mouse she got at the SPCA before she was adopted), and I will all ride with her in this box and act as calming agents. Of course, I'm going to be getting in and out of the car a lot to take pictures, but Steve assured me that Tasha will also be drugged during the car rides, so maybe she won't notice. I just hope that she doesn't end up losing control of her bladder because of the tranquilizers. My friend Kaya (a large, sweet, stupid dog) had that problem, and her owners were very...upset, to say the least. ;)


We begin our trip tomorrow at 7:30am!! There are still a few things to pack, but I'm excited and confident that this trip will be a great one. The next post you'll see will have pictures of us at the I-70 sign, telling everyone how many miles to Denver it'll be!!


Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment